It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm

(cammilla c.) Hello everyone. 

Post (cammilla c.) Hello everyone.
Hello guys, this is cammilla c., co-admin and webmaster of Unkn0wn.eu, one of the most biggest general hacking boards in Europe.

I'm interested in this kind of topics, and I would like to help here, I have a couple of ideas, and I want to be one of the first inmortals, do you guys think it's possible?

Greetings.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: (cammilla c.) Hello everyone.
Welcome to the forums. I'm not so sure about immortality but you may want to check on the writings of Aubrey de Grey. Radical life extension seems to be perhaps leading to something tangible in the near (crosses fingers) future.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:10 pm

I got a new mobile phone a week ago. Out of curiosity I wondered how its computational power compares to a seventies computer. In 1977 the state of the art was the VAX-11/780. That computer made 0.5-1MIPS. My handphone makes 170MIPS.

It's often been said that biotech is at the same level now as information technology was around 1980. It's also advancing at the same accelerating pace. So - in 30 years much will be different, in ways we can't imagine.

I have a feeling we're all going to live for a long time.

cammilla c. wrote:
I'm interested in this kind of topics, and I would like to help here, I have a couple of ideas

Cool. Want to share them?

-Splicer

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:37 pm

I think it's quite possible that we'll experience the day that aging will be "switched off" for the body (wasn't the responsible gene already found?), but I think the problem that comes within this, is aging of the brain. Brain cells aren't reproduced, so eventually a "Immortal" would become dumber and dumber...

One way to circumvent this could be to use stemcells to regenerate braincells artificially, although I don't know if stemcells can turn into neurones for sure. But if I recall correctly they are able to turn into ANY kind of cell...

GCS/MU/S d@ s:-- a--(?) C++++ UL+++ UB>+++ U*>++(++++) P++ !E W++++(!) N+(!) K++>+++++ w--(!) PS+++ !PE Y+>++ PGP?>++ tv(!) b++(++++) DI- D++ G>++

Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:52 pm
Profile E-mail