It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Post New member
Wow, cool.

I am an avid DIYer anyway and I have a particular interest in body modification so this forum is very exciting to me. I has been some recent breakthroughs in Autologous Fat Transfers using stem cells but it costs an arm and a leg. Even doing fat transfers using a syringe like they do how on your own would be pretty risky but the right person might be able to pull it off. Now using that transfered fat and fortifying it with stem cells is the new rage for modifying contour of the body, wouldn't it be cool do that at home for less than the price of an arm and a leg? Especially because fat contains so much good adult stem cells. I think if people with DIY spirit can hack these complex procedures and do them on their own, think of the power that is taken out of the hands of people who have very specialized skills and knowledge that are they only willing to share at a very high price? It may be a while until the reality of the Blade Runner body shops is here but hey, its coming soon. Glad to join this community and i hope it grows.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: New member
My personal kink leans more towards functional bm. I never was much for the ornamentation thing(horns :twisted: or tattoos :mrgreen: ).

Pete Burns intrigues me. I realize he may very well turn out to be the great forerunner of body modification to come. The guy seems to be consistent and to have put a lot of thought into the way he looks. From what I've heard of him talking he seems to know what he is doing.

In ten years he could well be one of the great icons of (cosmetic)body modification.

I also realize cosmetic body modification is something many biopunkers will want to do. Miami Bodymod is just around the corner.

Welcome

- dR

Last edited by distortReality on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm
Profile E-mail

BodMod is also an interest of mine. I haven't really done any projects directly relating to Bodmod (although Biopunk in itself is bodmod), but I always look out for new interesting things.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:43 am
Profile E-mail

Me likes bodymod, but I want something more along the lines of research implants, or stimulators, alot of these are put in just below the skin, so its not so hard, but linking something to the CNS would be my dream

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail